So I’ve had a few people “defriend” me on my facebook page recently and/or send me angry emails :( It’s been over facebook messaging.
I’m sure there’s tons of people who get more email than I do — I saw my pally boy DJ’s facebook page once and he had well over a thousand unread messages! — but I still get enough that it is just impossible to keep up with. I really, really love the fact that some photographers starting out connect with me on here (especially since I was in those shoes not all that long ago :), and I try to read every email, but it’s getting harder and harder to answer everyone’s questions. So if you get a response, woohoo! (or maybe not as my advice might be super lame :P) But if you don’t, PLEASE don’t think I’m ignoring you or just watching TV instead :P
To give you an idea, here’s my current gmail and hotmail account…
…my unread facebook messages…
…and here’s my maxed out PM box on a photography forum (POTN — a great place to get answers from tons of photographers about wedding photography. I’m on there a fair amount :
Now, where I suck with emails I make up for with real life hanging out! So for everyone that wants to get together for an Office party at my place (read about it here), how does this coming Friday night sound (Nov 6th)? Maybe around 7pm-ish??? I’ll get pizza for everyone so let me know how many mouths need feeding!
Here’s a recent engagement image that I like to spice this post up :)
I’m doing a little SEO experiment. I’m curious how much easier (or difficult) certain parts of the world are to show up on page 1 for google. So I’m just going to make a blog post title to see. I’ve shot weddings in cool places all around the world – but never Rome, so that’s my first experiment.
If you’ve found this blog post through google because of my spurious title, check out my wedding portfolio :)
Now, I want you guys to look at the following picture, but don’t read below the image! Not yet, at least.
These two items frustrate Lindsay to no end. Or, I should say, the way I’ll use them at times frustrates her to no end. So take a guess. How do you think I annoy the living daylights out of Lindsay with these? It’s pretty out there :)
Alright, you ready? Quick little disclaimer. I’m a pragmatist to the enth degree. If it’s practical and gets the job done? I’m sold. Just sayin…
1. The bowl. Just a normal bowl, right? Well, when we run out of clean cups, I have always grabbed a bowl. I’ll put ice in it, then put whatever I’m drinking in it, and that’s my new cup. Lindsay HATES when I do this! She’d rather jump up, clean a cup for me, and then she doesn’t have to see me drinking out of a bowl. I simply tell her she needs to get out more because billions of people drink out of bowls in the world AND her coffee mugs are the size of bowls anyway! :P
2. The dish soap. So we have different shower soap. Lindsay has magical girl soap with fairy sprinkles and I have whatever soap she buys me. Every once and a while, I run out of my soap before she gets more soap. When that happens, I just grab the dish soap. So mixed in with the shower items is this big, huge dish soap container :)
So did anyone guess anything remotely close to that? Let’s hear it!
Before and After Wednesday! I’m really enjoying doing these :) I’m going to use another photo from Brittany and Zach’s Strawberry Farms wedding photos because… well because I really liked the photos I got from their wedding :)
1. So the top left image is the straight out of camera image with no processing.
2. The top right has Lights On applied at 100%.
3. The final (bottom) image has Milk and Cookies applied at 100% – but it has some modifications. Here they are…
If you’re looking for something to spruce up your photos, go for it and grab some Totally Rad Actions! I paid for both sets out of my pocket (no freebies there) and LOVE them. But do it through my link above or the banner below (shameless plug) as the money is going to go to a rad cause ;)
Hope this helps some of you out! As always, comments tend to remind me to do this again next week, so let me know what you guys think :)